Welcome

WATCH FOR CHANGES!



Thursday, September 9, 2010

WOW

OMG! What a week, well now that I have brought my kindness to an end I feel so much better. Well as you know in my last blog I was trying to help someone while they were down, because I always wished someone was there for me when I'm down. As you may have guess by the beginning that's over,

I just don't understand how people can just let thier children run over them as adults but growing up they were taught to always respect your elders. So why is it that you as the elder and the parent don't get the respect that you taught them to give and show. And then you turn around and talk about how wrong they are and how it makes you so mad and that not what you taught them, but you let them walk all over you worse then a doormat int the dog cage. I just don't get it.

I don't know about you but I'm not gonna just sit by and watch someone let people (no matter who they are) just walk over someone I care about and just not say or do anything. But if you don't do anything about it yourself why would someone do it for you. So it's like my grandma told me "If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you."

Thank for letting me vent I feel Better! :)

2 comments:

  1. I do wonder how parents let their kids walk all over them? If I tried some of the crap some of these kids pull,I'd be dead, pushin up daisies because my parents would kill me. They raised me to respect people who are older than me. But the people I graduated from high school with had their parents pay for anything for them, like their class rings, senior stuff, etc. I would see them with expensive looking iPod Nanos, iPod Shuffles, iPod Touch, etc and I would ask them where they got the money for them and guess what the classic response would be--'my parents paid for it'. I don't like asking my parents for money because #1: neither of them have much of it and 2: I would feel guilty about it. I'm the kind of person who if I want something, I go out and get a job to pay for it. I don't need all those expensive luxuries, like iPods, Blackberries, texting phones. I have a perfectly good MP3 player I got for graduation from high school. I don't need a stupid iPod. When I want to talk to someone, I simply pick up the phone and call-- no need to go lazy and text--P.S. this form of communication is informal! But your grandma sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, she is the kind of person I would love to meet, she sounds like a total sweetie. But overall, this generation of kids are soooooooooooo spoiled it's sad! Back then, kids were not so spoiled, I may not have been around back then, but I would not have been spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that poem. I could be a good friend. But I'm also the type that doesn't like to stand by and watch kids walk all over their parents like welcome rugs. You just don't do that, it's not right. It's like my mom always says" I brought you into this world and I can take you out" Don't ask me why she says this, I'm not sure, I think she says it to see if she scares us, it don't. But whatever happened to the golden rule of treating elders with respect? I guess it went out the window along with compassion for others with these teens of today.

    ReplyDelete